Monday, August 5, 2013

IF I COULD ONLY BE A FAIRY-DUST AUTHOR...

Poppy's mom is a friend of my parents.  I have been following her story since before she was born.  Poppy was born with left hypoplastic heart syndrome and has had multiple surgeries since birth, and it just seems like one thing after another for her family.

I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee, flavoring it with my tears.  This poor baby.  Her poor parents.  Her poor big brother.  Tough as nails baby.  Tough, because they have to be, parents.  Tough story.  I wish it was a story I could rewrite.  It would go something like this:

I would wave my wand (with a shiny little star on top), say something like, "Bibbety-bobbety-boo, and bless you too." Fairy dust would rain down on Poppy's little head, scars would heal, and she'd ride away from the hospital for the last time in her pumpkin-turned-chariot, and she'd go home dancing in the arms of her parents, happily ever after, and hospital visits would be banished to the far corner of the land of Distant Memories.  THE END


https://prayforpoppy.wordpress.com/once-again/


No comments:

Post a Comment