Saturday, September 29, 2012

ALL IN A DAY


Living one day at at a time is pretty hard to do when you have a baby with an "O".  Anything can happen, and that uncertainty can sure get the best of me some days.

Waiting for our test results yesterday was nerve wracking, and it seemed like all my patients for the morning were anatomy scans, and all the babies were perfectly normal and unusually gorgeous scans.  One mom was upset because she was having a girl, and I wanted to unload on her (ie, yell at the top of my lungs in the angriest voice possible) to get her priorities straight and be thankful for a perfectly healthy looking baby and for not having to worry about all the things we have to worry about with ours.  I was so angry and felt so unlucky.  I scan SO many healthy babies every day, but my baby isn't healthy.  It was a terrible, awful low point for me.  The resentment had just built up to a huge burden and I couldn't scan one more baby.  My coworkers were really supportive and sent me home around 1:00 pm, which I am really grateful for.

We finally got the call from our doctor's office at 4:53 pm that gave us the good news that baby is negative for T21, 18, and 13.  So, yesterday, we tried to just take in the good news and put our minds off the other.  We walked to downtown Franklin with our friend, Al, and then later we went and sat outside one of our favorite coffee shops in Nashville; it was such a beautiful day/evening.  After the sun set, we went to the Full Moon Pickin' Party at our favorite park and listened to blue grass.  It was the perfect thing to do to unwind and get in the fall festive spirit.

The day had started out really terrible and turned out to be really wonderful.  It was such an enjoyable and peaceful evening, and all I can think is how fortunate I am to be living my life with my wonderful husband. Our life together is awesome, and no matter what news a day brings, I get to spend every day with him.  Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment