Friday, January 11, 2013

FEISTY GIRL

Tonight, Priya had her foot outstretched and pressing hard near my rib.  So, I put my hand on her foot and tapped it, telling her, "I got you!"  She then kicked me back really hard, so I guess in the end she got ME!  So, I see we have a feisty girl on our hands.  This should come in handy after birth when she has to go through all her medical craziness.  I am taking it as a great sign that she will battle through it and come out on top, our feisty girl!

I am getting really excited to meet this little girl of ours, but I have to say nights like tonight are really enjoyable too, and I am just relishing these last few weeks/months(?) that Mike and I have with just the two of us.  We went to a nice dinner and a walk downtown.  The night was a beautiful one, weather was awesome, food was tasty, my blood sugar tested normal (yay, because I thought my mocha would surely send me over the edge), and the conversation was great.  We then tried to go to a local music venue to hear a band, but we were too late to hear the one we went to listen to, so we dropped by Whole Foods to pick up some groceries for potluck tomorrow night and came home. It was maybe nothing out of the ordinary, but such a good, sweet night.  We have a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment