Thursday, May 16, 2013

REDISCOVERY


Recently, an artist friend of mine created a visual diary that showed the evolution of her life as a person and as an artist.  Thinking I knew her well, I realized I had a lot to still know about her and learn about her.  I enjoyed reading her visual diary.  It was so enlightening, and in so doing, it was like rediscovering her in a way.

When I was younger, I used to write poetry--a lot!  Just recently, after the birth of Priya, I started writing again.  Well, we are getting ready to move in the next couple months, so I've been purging and packing up our office yesterday and today.  In so doing, I have come across old love letters between Mike and I (a treasure for sure), and also some old poems (many to Mike; we were dating at the time).  Sometimes I forget about them.  Here is one from 2005.  I went to a private, Christian college, and I gave it for a morning worship for one of my classes.  It is funny how reading the words take on a different meaning to me now.  Now, I read them with new eyes (rediscovery)--eyes of a mom wishing only the best and most beautiful things life has to offer for her daughter.  I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment