Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TORNADOES IN OKLAHOMA...UGH


I can't help but watch every video and read every article about the OK tornado. Part of it is my heart hurts for those people in their losses and rejoices for those who reconnect with loved family members and pets. Part of it is curiosity and updates. Part of it is probably because I am scared to death yet fascinated by tornadoes. 

This morning, I cried tears of joy watching reunions and cried tears of heartache hearing stories of loss.  One story really got to me though.  A mom with her 7 month-old baby took refuge in a freezer of a 7-Eleven.  Their bodies were found apart from one another under the rubble.  Tears rolled down my face as I held my sweet Priya in my arms.  I hugged her especially close and told her I will love her so much as long as life shall last.  Who knows how long that will be?  I HOPE I can enjoy the gifts I enjoy of this life for as long as possible.  My life is wonderful...my husband, my family, my friends, our health, the career paths we chose...life is good!  But, if tomorrow never comes, I have to say that I have already experienced the best life has to offer.   She has been wrapped in my arms all morning and is now laying in my lap snoring in her sweet-baby sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment