Wednesday, October 30, 2013

EVER-PROUD


I was playing with Priya this morning, and we had a moment.  Well, I had a moment anyway.  We were playing with one of those toys where you stack color rings on a peg.  Today was the first day she took all the rings off by herself.  But then she ALMOST got one of them back on the peg, and I gasped and almost cried!  I thought to myself, "What is the big deal, Tanya?  Even monkeys can put the rings back on the peg."  But it's my little girl--the one that started off as a crying little baby in the hospital, completely helpless--and now she is growing up and learning things so fast!  This week she has also started making the sign and "uh" sound for "up."  I am so proud of her!  Now I get it.  Parents are proud of everything their children do, even though other children may be doing a hundred cooler things or even doing the same things faster or better.  We are just proud!  Isn't that great, though?  Isn't it a wonderful thing to have someone always proud of you?








No comments:

Post a Comment