Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I WAS BLIND; BUT NOW I SEE.


Before I saw my daughter's first congenital birth defect on ultrasound at 12.5 weeks pregnant, I was a bit blind, and I am not sure why to be honest. The first time I saw a baby with an omphalocele, I didn't like what I saw. But then I became a MOO (mother of omphalocele), and suddenly all I could see were strong, beautiful, and amazing babies. Then I found out my daughter has Beckwith Wiedemann Syndrome, and when I first saw pics of BWS babies, I didn't like what I saw. Then I became a member of a BWS support group and eventually welcomed by BWS baby into the world and fell in LOVE with what I saw. When I first saw babies with clefts, I didn't like what I saw. Then I learned my daughter had a cleft palate and became a part of the cleft lip and cleft palate world, and now all I see are seriously gorgeous babies. I am so thankful my world is bigger, better, and more beautiful! I am so grateful to be a part of three amazing communities of babies, children, parents, and adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment