Saturday, October 20, 2012

FISH RESULTS

We are still waiting on the full results from our amniocentesis, but we did the FISH, which gives preliminary  amnio results for detection of T21 (Downs), T18 (Edwards), and T13 (Pataus).  The results are supposed to be back in 24-48 hours, but I didn't get mine for a whole week.  I did finally get them on Friday afternoon, and baby girl is negative for the most common three chromosomal abnormalities, and this pretty much tells us they don't think she has a form of mosaicism of  those three as well.  Now we just have to wait for the results for the rest of the chromosomes.  If that comes back negative, then we will send out amniotic fluid and blood for the micro array test, which looks at more specific genetic information to look for possible syndromes we might be able to expect/prepare for.  Those results come back approximately one month after the specimen is sent out (which won't be done until amnio results come back).

In the meantime, I am knitting baby girl a blanket, something to keep my mind off the craziness and focused on the future.  I am listening to baby Mozart while I do it, which lifts my spirits and puts my mind in a peaceful, happy state of mind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment