Thursday, October 11, 2012

FRIDAY IS ALMOST HERE, BUT MONDAY IS COMING...

I am looking forward to the weekend, as always, but I think I am looking more forward to a Monday for once, and that is because it's my amnio day.  The idea of an amnio used to scare me a lot, but now I just want to get it done and over with in hopes it will give us some more info (or rule out info) on our little girl.  I am also hoping the high-risk OB can give me their thoughts (hopefully not just bad ones) on her kidneys.  From what I can tell so far, her head and heart are looking good, but I know it's still early.  For me, the kidneys are the most worrisome right now, far more worrisome than her O. I am hopeful for now, because her kidneys are a normal size so far and her bladder and amniotic fluid look okay for now.   I know things can change at any time--even after she is born as far as function goes, but I hope I am just a paranoid mom and that all my worry is for nothing.

UPDATE:  The high-risk OB doesn't seem to be worried about her kidneys for now.  They really don't think anything is remarkable (other than her O) until she gets a little further along in gestational age.  I was disappointed they didn't at least try to look at her anatomy (like the heart) in a more detailed fashion, but I guess they are right not to get ahead of themselves.  Just because we can't see something at 16-17 weeks, doesn't mean we won't see something further along.  And first thing is first, get amnio results and go from there.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment