Thursday, April 4, 2013

HOME AT LAST!


Kinda crazy and hectic, so the blog has been neglected, but...WE ARE HOME!  I can't believe we've been home a week already!  Priya was discharged from the hospital March 28th, just two days shy of her original due date.  On April 1st, she turned 1-month old already!  I can't believe it!  She had a visit with her surgeon today, and she now weighs 8 lb 6 oz.   
Grandma and Granddad flew in from Montana to meet Priya for the first time on March 27th.  They were a huge help after Priya was
discharged, taking shifts so I could get caught up on things, including my sleep (living in hospital + new baby at home = sleep-deprivation and near-insanity).  Extreme fatigue + new-mom feelings of inadequacy + hormones = one grumpy mess.  So, we are much indebted to my parents for helping me get some sanity back.  Unfortunately, we had to say good-bye to them at the airport last night.  It is sad they live so far away!

Today, was my first day home alone with Priya.  I was super nervous, but it went great!







No comments:

Post a Comment